THE ONE MOUNTAIN FOUNDATION
February 15, 2013
The One Mountain Foundation Scholarship Program is established to recognize outstanding and deserving students from the schools serving the Mountaintop Community.
- Fund-raising events will be held throughout the year to fund four annual one-time scholarship awards, one each for a senior from Smithsburg High School, Catoctin High School, Waynesboro High School, and Fairfield High School.
- Scholarship eligibility and criteria to be followed by each applicant is established below.
- Applicant's area of study and planned school program must result in a degree or in a professional certification.
- The One Mountain Foundation Scholarship Committee will evaluate and recommend to the Board of Directors the names of the applicants for scholarship approval.
- Blank applications for the next school year are available through the link on this page..
- Complete applications must be postmarked no later than April 1 of the current year and received no later than April 10 of that year.
The address is: One Mountain Foundation, P.O. Box 255, Cascade, MD 21719.
- Applicants will be notified no later than May 15.
- Seniors of Smithsburg High School
who reside within the Cascade Elementary School District .
- Seniors of Catoctin High School
who reside within the Sabillasville Elementary School District.
- Seniors of Waynesboro High School
who reside within the Hooverville Elementary School District .
- Seniors of Fairfield High School
who reside within the Fairfield Area Elementary School .
Scholarship Criteria (in order of priority):
- Acceptance to an accredited school or accredited certification program.
- Academic achievement, including grades, rank in class, standardized test scores and achievement test scores.
- Community/extracurricular involvement.
- Leadership as demonstration in community and extracurricular activities.
- Work history.
Application Packet (all items must be submitted at one time):
- Scholarship Application
- A written essay of 200 to 300 words that provides an explanation of:
- Your educational and career ambitions.
- Any unique financial or extenuating circumstances that would aid in the consideration of your application.
- Letter of acceptance from the educational program director, either college or certification program.
- High school transcripts.
- One letter of reference from a current teacher, counselor, or administrator at your school.
- One letter of reference from a non-school, non-related person, i.e. clergy, adult friend, employer.
Board of Directors
One Mountain Foundation
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
2013 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Click here to download the 2012
One Mountain Foundation